Communications and Media
Communications and Media Internship
Casa Xalteva needs a COMMUNICATOR to help us manage our web pages, newsletter, social networking, and blogs, and to maintain frequent positive contact with prospective, current and former students, supporters, contributors and friends.
What you Can Contribute:
1. Your skills with computers, educational technology and media.
2. Your ability to work with students from many different age ranges, backgrounds, cultures and nationalities.
3. A minimum of 9-12 month commitment to live and work in Granada, Nicaragua
4. Your skills in working cooperatively and harmoniously with a dedicated team of Nicaraguan and international professionals.
5. Your commitment to Casa Xalteva’s vision and standards of good practice (see attached)
6. Your desire to “Be part of the Dream” of Casa Xalteva
What you Will Receive:
1. A unique professional development experience, working with a world-class team of staff and supporters of Casa Xalteva in an innovative and growing international non-governmental organization.
2. A chance to develop your creativity and technical skills in a variety of media applications, marketing and communications, and fund-raising activities on behalf of a non-profit educational and social service institution.
3. The opportunity to live in Granada, Nicaragua, and travel in other parts of Central America.
4. Intensive Spanish language training. If you are a beginning, you will be able to achieve fluency in Spanish through course work and daily practice. If you are already an advanced Spanish-speaker, you can perfect your reading, writing, and speaking.
5. Full participation in Casa Xalteva educational, cultural, social and volunteer service opportunities, including field trips and excursions, social events, special programs, and daily interactions with Nicaraguans and international students from many parts of the world.
Your Qualifications for the Internship:
1. Extensive knowledge of and experience working with media and educational technology, including E-mail, social networks, blogs, electronic and print newsletters.
2. Experience working with media, communications or marketing.
3. Knowledge or experience with international educational programs and cross-cultural communications.
4. Excellent skills in oral and written English. Basic Spanish language skills are helpful but not required.
5. Ability to work cooperatively with a team of diverse and international professionals
Send a letter of application and resume to: email@example.com or mail to: Casa Xalteva, P.O. Box 4542, Albuquerque, NM 87196. Applications must be submitted by February 1, 2009.